Thursday, November 29, 2012

11/29/12


Today in Human Geography class we continued to watch the video about China. Previous to watching this video, I didn’t really like the country of China. I thought they were “Stupid” communists who sole purpose as a country was to steal American Job’s and to control all of our trade. I honestly believed that that they were “out to get us”. But after watching this video I was faced with some facts. China has a very large work-force. Most of these people are very, very poor. They are willing to work for any amount of money. There is no such thing as a “union” in China. Americans however work for at LEAST 7.50. And they expect health benefits, good working conditions and reasonable working hours. But in China, workers are paid 1-5 dollars a day. No Benefits, no good working conditions and extreme working conditions. What makes it better for companies is the fact that Chinese workers don’t complain. There is a very large work force. So if one worker complains, just fire them. There are A LOT of people who want their job. That is what I understand about the Country of China. Now I understand why companies outsource our jobs.

That is what was “revealed” to me during class today.

No comments:

Post a Comment