Thursday, August 30, 2012

Third Day Of Class

August 30th, 2012

Today we read an article in class named "A message to Garcia" by Elbert Hubbard. In this story, The Cuban people were having a revolution. The American President, President McKinley asked Rowan to go find General Garcia. Without any complaint, Rowan searched for Garcia with 100% dedication. Rowan did something that I know I couldn’t do without complaint. If I was told to do something like that, I would probably reply like this “the whole Spanish Army is looking for Garcia and they can’t find him, how do you expect me to find him”. But Rowan did his duty, with a smile on his face. Anyway, while we were talking about Rowan in class I didn’t raise my hand a lot, even when I knew the answers. But as soon as a reward was given, my brain was suddenly giving me amazing answers. The attitude that I expressed in class was not the attitude Rowan possessed. He would have worked hard in class 120%.  What I really got from today’s class is that working hard shouldn’t be a sometimes thing, it should be an always thing because that’s what giving “a message to Garcia” is all about.

-Wilfred Ikejiofor

No comments:

Post a Comment