Sunday, August 26, 2012

My First Day At John Carroll


My First Day of John Carroll

 

The Cafeteria:

When I first arrived at John Carroll, I was very nervous. I did not know what to expect. I had not switched schools in over 6 years. So, I was not used to starting all over and making new friends. However, I knew that I had to get over my fear and make friends. I sat down in the cafeteria and examined my surroundings. There were many freshmen, and I was a little overwhelmed. However, I calmed after I realized that I was not the only one freaking out. I talked to my Mom about my schedule and relaxed until I got to the Auditorium.


The Auditorium:


 

When I walked into the Auditorium, I immediately noticed the arrangement of the seats. It reminded me of a Theater. My old school did not have a Auditorium, we used the gym, so I was a little giddy. I heard the speeches, and prayed with the Administrators. I was glad that I was Catholic because I already knew most of the prayers. All of the Administrators seemed nice. However, the Dean, seemed a little strict, nice but Strict. Anyway, the Auditorium was a very nice experience and it made me feel welcome as a freshmen.



The Groups:


 

We were eventually split up into groups in the Auditorium.

First, my group went to the library. While there, we read the different activities that John Carroll has to offer. We also went over the rules of the Library, like no eating or drinking. After the Library, we went to the Guidance Office. The Guidance Counselors talked to us about staying organized and, how to keep track of our hectic bell schedule. Then we went to take our pictures. While in line waiting for our pictures, I met some incoming freshmen. One of the friendliest people I met was a South Korean exchange student named Seho.After meeting Seho I was amazed how John Carroll has so many kids from around the world. Eventually we went to the Auditorium. There we had a very serious talk with the Dean. He told us about the different punishments we could get experience if we weren’t honest. The conversation shook me up a little but in summary, the experience was very cool.

After touring some main facilities and meeting some teachers, I thought that all the teachers at John Carroll were friendly. I also thought that I was going to have a great year.






Lunch:

At first, I was slightly confused. There were so many people and I didn’t know where to go. Nevertheless, I played it cool and sat next to some ninth graders. The people I sat next to were very friendly. Most of them were kids who just moved to the area. I made friends with all of them.

 

Classes:



1.   Earth Science: As soon as everyone in the class arrived, we were seated according to a seating chart. Then Mr. Perry told us about his class. He also told us that he was a very loud teacher. By the end of the class, I agreed with him. But on the positive side, he seems like a good teacher.

2.   Honors Chinese: The teacher was very nice. She does not seem like a tough teacher, I think that as long as I try, she will pass me.

 

3.   Intro to Bible: Mrs. Dohn is a very pleasant teacher. I think that I will enjoy her class.

 

4.   Algebra: The class was very brief. She introduced herself as Mrs. Reyerson. Then she discussed the materials needed for the class.

 

5.    Human Geography: This class was smaller than the other rooms I had been in previously. Mr. Schick seems serious yet comical.

 

6.   English 1: As soon as everyone in the class arrived, we were seated according to a seating chart. Then we told the class about ourselves.

 

7.   Health and Wellness: Mr. Thomas Vierheller was our teacher for this class. He reminded us about how important it is to be honest.

 

 



Conclusion:


Overall, I think that this school year will be a wonderful year. As long as I work hard in each class, I will succeed.